Who Would You Have Bowling at The Death

Go down

Who Would You Have Bowling at The Death

Post  Gerard on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:09 pm

In my short time at the Mighty Lions I have had the privilege if seeing two consecutive grand final wins and was impressed when Matt Caulfield bowled East to victory against City. The next year Baarsy cleaned up Grovey with 6 wickets after making 80 odd at the top of the order. You would have to put Peter QUICK in the mix and after seeing Big Jim and Lee Allan strut their stuff and Blair finish off Newcomb this year, you have a lot to consider. In my humble opinon Matt Caulfield gets my vote - Grand Final 2004-05(Not much at stake!) does the business against City. I'm sure this might cause some debate and no disrespect to the many great bowlers that have played for East, but I have seen a handfull.

Gezza

Gerard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Have Bowling at The Death

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:08 am

Good work Gezza. Yeah Matt would be right up there, along with Dean and Shane Wilson. Would probably just put Quicky at the top of the list though. Even if he was slightly off form, his reputation alone caused batsmen to worry and make mistakes. His abilty to deliver a fast, quality bouncer on a flat dusty track with an old ball meant the batsmen were never comfortable enough to camp on the front foot like they can against most other bowlers.
Jack also was good because of his exceptional control, while Paul Brennan was the pick of spinners bowling at the death, more for his movement through the air rather than any turn. I'm sure he'd be the first to agree he was never a huge turner of the ball, but he always had good flight.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:00 am

i'd have not truoble throwing the ball to the "Gremlin" he is always bowling to a plan, he knows where to put it and when so Troy gets my vote

warbs

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffo Jnr on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:28 pm

After his bowling last season, i would hav to say Jerome.
bowls quick darts at the feet hard to get away.

Griffo Jnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down