Memorable Moments Off Field

Go down

Memorable Moments Off Field

Post  dewy on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:49 am

We all remember the great on-field deeds of our club members, such as Baarsy's 84 and six wickets in the grand final, but what about the deeds that happen after stumps have been pulled?
These are often just as worthy of remembering by all of us, and are most often much funnier.

I will start this off by mentioning one of the funniest things that i have seen off field during my time at East is the incident between Griffo and Baarsy at the Major Draw a couple of years ago which left the mens toilets looking decidedly like the ladies.

Any others??

dewy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Memorable Moments Off Field

Post  Admin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:25 am

I remember Crow being upside down in a chest freezer, with Guacamole smeared all over his bare rear end one night. That will certainly live on in East Belmont fokelore.
If the cluroom walls could talk, they'd have a few stories to tell. As much as we all love and appreciate the new clubrooms, it was a sad day when the old ones were demolished.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 am

Spot on Ghost. I loved those rooms. I still remember the year we won the top 3 grades back in '94 (dont quote me on the year, i'm not great with dates) The rooms were heaving, the tiled area in front of the bar resembled a beer filled swimming pool, with 'oh what a night' played on high rotation and a young C.D.V. sneaking Brades and Ghost a few cheeky beers out the side doors, I remember looking around thinking that this must be the greatest place you could ever be.
Subsequent premiership celebrations have been amazing, especially the ones I've played in, however that one will always be one of my favorites.

Brades

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 am

any preimership celebration with "coggsy" standing on a table leading the boys into a chant of "Father Abraham" is a highlight, great times.

another also is more of a game related experience: on the second morning of an u/17 grand final the boys were sceptical about our chances having only made 120 batting first. Unknown to us "Fize" had organised "Crowey" to say a few words to pump us up a bit. Well did the great man deliver!!! (if not go off the rails a bit and get emotional) The speech had everything, crows accoplishments at east, indoor cricket triumphs and even Pool comps birdman had won (i think crowey had arrived at the game straight from a pub) i think at one stage sidders and i looked at each other dumbfounded and unsure when to start clapping to give crow the windup but whatever he said musta worked cause we rolled modewarre for 100 and took home flag. A moment i will never forget!!!

warbs

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  waco on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Crowe injuring his calf muscle playing the 20 cent game (and actually missing cricket due to it) was pretty memorable. As were the 3 premierships and club championship of 92-93 that Brades mentioned. I don't think I had ever seen that much beer or drunkenness in my life to that point. It was also the first time I heard Crowe singing "We are warriors".

waco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jermone on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:38 am

I haven't been at the club too long but watching Punchy Totton detroy many a Smirnoff black then spilling in all over the floor and start swimming along the floor was good to watch, also i still chuckle at the thought of the Grand Final night after spending the entire day on the hill watching Grovey V Joey's fize lighting his thongs in fire, Nobby and John Timberlake belting out numbers on the Guitar and then leaving 35 voice messages on .....you've reached Aaahhhh Grant Stephens.

Mad Monday at the BC when the ATM kept paying out all good memories

Jermone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:10 am

i agree jim and spook. it was a sad day when we left the old clubbies. i remember jedi wanting to strangle fatboy who was behind the bar at the time. and it wasnt a celebration down there unless goast was hanging upside down from the rafters. i remember tone threatening to turn off the free booze after a flag win as the tiles looked more like indoor water feature, knowling too well that he and spider were going to be cleaning it the next day! but the good thing is that a couple of things have transended across into the new rooms....copious amounts of good times and thommos pink paint splattered jumper

ricey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum