East Belmont Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Game you've played in...

+3
Brades
Thommo
warbs
7 posters

Go down

The Best Game you've played in... Empty The Best Game you've played in...

Post  warbs Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:27 pm

everybody loves a old story about a good game of cricket, so lads, here's your chance. I wanna know what is your most memorable game for the mighty lions. obviously grand finals are certain highlights, providing thier victorious of course, so how about we concentrate on home and away games but by all means make mention of grand finals etc.

At the risk of pumping myself up, the day against newcomb in the 4ths a couple years back is something i'll always remember. My maiden senior 50. Yes it was newcomb, however i most likely would never have had the chance to bat at 5 or 6 that day if it wasn't for having to leave early for my cousin's 21st in port fairy. 56 retired in pretty quick time, locked away in the memory bank for ever

Lets hear some good stories boys, cant wait... warbs

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

The Best Game you've played in... Empty Re: The Best Game you've played in...

Post  Thommo Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 am

Wouldn't say Saturday's game was the best game I've played in seeing we lost, but it did provide me with a good dose of laughter thanks to the Big Buzz. Now in fairness to Buzz he did stress to me that he'd be a tad rusty with the ball, but unfazed I wisely decided to give the giant a trundle. His over went as follows :
ball 1 - no ball (heading to 2nd slip from memory)
ball 2 - dot ball (nice lift, fair jaffa)
ball 3 - dot ball (thinking I've made a wise choice of bowling changes)
ball 4 - no ball
ball 5 - no ball
ball 6 - 1 run of the bat (truth is the guy did well to reach it)
ball 7 - wide
ball 8 - dot ball
ball 9 - no ball (thinking don't knick one with the tears I had in my eyes from laughing)
ball 10 - dot ball
ball 11 - wide
ball 12 - no ball
ball 13 - 2 of the bat
All in all only cost us 10 runs & provided us with some entertainment. Thanks Buzz.

Thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:50 am

95/96 6th semi final was a cracker. Playing the top side, St Josephs, we got the winning runs 9 down. With Punch Totton at the non strikers end, Joel Washington (Brother of Benn) has hit a shot to mid on, i wouldn't say it was a lofted shot but it wasn't smashed either, anyhoo the feilder drops it, the boys scurry thru for the winning run. We're all pumping we run on to the ground in celebration but then decide to get a couple ahead in case the scorebooks are wrong. Punchy has faith in the scorers and goes out next ball.
We went on to win the Grand final the following week against the second placed side which was also a team from St Josephs, and proceeded to celebrate harder than possibly any other 6ths preiership in the clubs history.... but thats another story.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:20 am

That was a great game Brades. Still have my twelfth man premiership medal from that GF.

Don't know if it is my most memorable game, but one comes to mind. We were playing Lara at home, and with one over to go we needed 5 runs to win. Alan Chadwick went out on the first ball and I went in to bat. I couldn't manage a run off the first ball I faced so we needed 5 off 4. Next ball was down leg side and with no fine leg in I thought here we go. I missed it with the bat but managed to get some pad on it and got 2 leg byes. So we needed 3 off 3. Next ball, exactly the same, down leg, no fine leg, I thought here we go, but once again I missed it but managed to get some pad on it for another 2 leg byes. Scores level, need 1 off 2. Next ball exactly the same, down leg, no fine leg in, I thought here we go. You guessed it, I missed it but managed to get some pad on it and get a leg bye for the win. Probably the most important 0 not out of my life, I faced 4 balls and made 5 leg byes!!
I was so happy to win I was punching the air to my team mates and walked out of my crease and nearly got run out. Shane Wilson got bowled off the last ball trying to hit it into orbit, so we won by one run.

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  waco Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 pm

One of the most memorable games I've played in was a 4ths game against Lara a few years ago. It was stinking hot and luckily we won the toss and batted first. We made over 400 with a very exhausted Tony (my old man) making a ton. The following week Jedi finished off their tail with a double hat trick, which I believe was only the second in the club's history - I think Foggers got one a few years before Jedi.

waco

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:46 am

ive played in a few great games but the most recent in memory probably wont go down in history as a true great considering this 3rds side is making a mockery of some of the teams its coming up against.
it was actually saturdays game v torquay down at torquay ps. a small and fast ground. now we batted first and made a decent 333 of our 50 overs. again peeps, ravi, ct and t.t.b did the business with the bat. but it was in the field where things got entertaining. we quickly had them 3 for. tone, nob and me holding simple catches. totts had rotated the quicks and threw the ball to our master of all things spin, jack. before this over though i must say that tone had dropped a chance that should have been taken withsomeone of his ability. and with the game going nowhere nob and myself were 'in to' tony a fair bit. all jokes about mayb suggesting that tony should spend some time down at fine leg etc. well jack has come on to bowl. i think it was ball 2, smoked to mid off where peeps has thrown out one hand and put down a really tough chance. everone in fact says he saved four. tony at this stage is saying well done peeps cause if it was nob he wouldnt have touched it. ball 3. cover drive scooped to nob very slowly. ive already seen the smile creep on his face which triggered to me that this was hitting the deck. sure enough it goes down. me and tone are laughing our heads off. totts and jack are fuming! ball 4. a flat slog that goes head high to tone at midwicket. straight throughhis hands and safely trickled to the boundry. i cant contain myself and have to walk away not believing what i have just seen. 3 dropped chances in 3 balls. well jack has one left and im thinking if his body had allowed him it might have been off the long runup. it actually didnt stop there as jacks next over a ball was skied to the ever reliable cdv who planted himself underneath it (nob already saying 'well done jack', as we wait for ravi to do the business) well its down as well. this time silence from the eleven of us. we wrap the game up about 40 mins later them making 117. jack finished with 1 for and thinking mayb he needs to bowl people more or get lbw's.
if we had fines in the thirds we would be on our way to vegas this season.
p.s in a footnote-my ground fielding was pretty ordinary but im just finding my way at the moment.

ricey - 1 from 1catch
nob - 2 from 3 catches
tone - 1 from 3 catches

ricey

Back to top Go down

Post  bonesy Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 am

Ive finally made it onto the forum. No need for applause. Sorry if i got anyone over excited.

I'd have to say the 3rds Granny a few years ago was pretty good.
The year after against Torquay in the 2nds semi final was awesome. I took 5 wickets and we beat them with a couple of wickets to spare. That was freaking sweet.
But i'd have to say the one that i am going to remember for a long time would be my last game. 6th game in the 1sts come into bat at 9 for 158 and put on 97 with Becker. Making 52 not out myself. Then to be thrown the ball in the last 15 overs was awesome as well. It was a great feeling to be out there against the top team with a lot of the boys looking on and ricey giving me encouragment by yelling out "c'mon big choo" and "in the mits big cho" and things like that. Funny stuff.

bonesy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down