East Belmont Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic

+4
Nob
Griffo
ricey
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic Empty Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic

Post  Admin Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:39 am

Heres the place to list your favorite memories of Sam. Some of his classic lines and thoughts.

He produced another gem on Saturday night. When asked by Flick if he would be able to come home from the academy in April for Jon and Flicks wedding, he replied "Flick, I can't even guarantee I'll be alive in April".

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic Empty Re: Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic

Post  ricey Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 am

gee there has been a few there big jim

ive got one in the memory bank which is pretty recent

big sam gave me a ring at 5.45am sunday morning asking me what i know about a good friend of mines sister who sam saw that night/morning.
after not making much sense during the conversation sam has told me he said to her 'you are the most beautiful girl in the world and i want you to be my trophy wife'

she is still thinking

ricey

Back to top Go down

Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic Empty Re: Titanium - The Sam Scannell Memorial Topic

Post  Admin Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:06 am

Last years cricket trip provided some highlights.

Catching a taxi to the Warrnambool war memorial at 3am, and returning a few hours later to quiz us on how many people with the surname Brown were listed was pretty funny. When we didn't get the answer right, he said "No, 8, and thats 8 too many"

When Griffo called him a communist, Sam replied in a calm, ice cold voice "Griffo, I'm going to kill you."

Sleeping with his hands wrapped tightly around his throat, for fear we would slit it while he slept, was slightly over the top.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffo Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:13 am

I sure will miss Pretty's bi-polar antics when he's drunk.

My fondest memory of him which still makes me cry with laughter when i think of it is his extremely patriotic performance at last years cricket trip, in particular him sleaping with his hands over his throat after i'd threatened to slit it because he wouldnt shut up about how horrified he was with how many Brown's had died in WWII.
This ofcourse is only a small snipit of his bizare behaviour on this trip so i hope a few other people can add a few more of his stories from cricket trip in too.

You will be sorely missed at EBCC Dutch but the knowledge that you will be protecting our shores from all that is evil in the world will certainly make me sleep easier at night.

Griffo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nob Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:47 am

Sammy also swapped beds with Chopper for that night. Chopper had been using the top bunk, but Sam set up camp in his bed. Sam texted Chop him in the middle of the night saying that after the dust up with Griffo he needed the "advantage of an elevated position..."

My other favourite was after the U17's GF win when he was 'just getting a glass of water for my best mate' (Chop of course).

Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 am

the cocktail party at fize and razz's old place in grovedale was vintage "titanium" sammy, drinking his confidence by the cocktail glass full. or the moment sam and i shared in the east toilets not too long ago,where after washing his hands "dutch" took 2 steps back from the mirror, adjusted his shirt to show more "gunn" and flexed. "Warby", he said, "Im gonna pick up tonight", sam scannell at the top of his game.

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 am

Warbs, "sharing a moment in the toilet" ? i thought that story was going in a different direction for a moment there....

Anyhoooo....
Totts' 30th at Hendricks court, I'll keep it clean for the family friendly forum, but image conscious Sam pretty much stated that he would prefer some man love with his best mate (Chop...... of course) instead of having to deal with eating a high fat high calorie doughnut.

*****Turns out the doughnut was only a fridge magnet which are actually fairly nutritious snacks, i think he just wanted the love.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Jermone Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:53 am

My most memorable moment is back at Fize's old stomping ground and a cocktail party for his 30th. Sam's hero one peter quick had told Sam that all he needed to do to score some runs was have some liquid confidence. Sam at this stage had not discovered the gym and was still having trouble hitting the ball off the sqaure. After Sam had quite a few liquid confidences he decided it was time for an old favourite team chant. Sam jumped up onto a chair got everyone's attention and started as loud as he could.....we're the East Belmont Tricket Cream..... Very funny moment and to this day it is still gold.

Jermone

Back to top Go down

Post  totts Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:58 am

my favourite sam scannell moment came on election night last year. i was down at east having a few quite ales and i was talking to sam about his favourite topic, no not chopper, the army. it then came up on the tv that labour had won the election. sam went deafly quite and looked real dissapointed. i said to him 'mate whats wrong you look all upset' sam replied, we really needed little johny and the liberals to win the election tonight because they give us more money than labour to buy all the boots and stuff that we need to fight the wars with! i dont really no a lot about government defence force funding and how it works so i didnt really no what to say after that.

totts

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 pm

AFL Grand Final day 2006 was a highlight. Sam and Fize were having a wrestle, Sam was matching him for strength, so Fize took the verbal route and hit a soft spot in Sams armoury. Sam began to cry, and we went to have a chat about it. I explained that Sam had matched him for strength, so Fize had searched for another way to victory. He was crying pretty badly by now so i said "Don't cry mate, you'll be alright" to which he replied "No Jim, you don't understand, these are tears of joy!! You guys have taught me a lot about myself tonight".
Tragic........but hilarious.

Another highlight was New Years Eve 06/07. At around 2am, Sam heard the song 'Stairway to heaven' by Led Zeppelin for the first time in his life. He was obviously quite taken by it because after playing it repeatedly at around 130 decibels, and being told by Nob not too politely to SHUT UP, he ran home in bare feet to his house to download it. The problem was he typed Lead Zepperland into his computer, which understandably found nothing. He eventually found it, downloaded it, and ran back to Nobs house.
Once again, tragic but hilarious.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum