East Belmont Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigger Finger

+5
Admin
Nob
warbs
waco
Gerard
9 posters

Go down

Trigger Finger Empty Trigger Finger

Post  Gerard Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Who has the fastest trigger finger that you have played with. Who would you hate to be umpiring when you are struggling with the bat and then get hit on the pads or scampering through for a quick single and you know the desicion will be touch and go?

Gerard

Back to top Go down

Trigger Finger Empty Re: Trigger Finger

Post  waco Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:04 am

As I recall, Bollocks didn't mind giving his own blokes out on close and contentious ones...

waco

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:37 am

Mick Trig...sorry Mick Krig...lightning hands....closely followed by the "prancer" Rowan Dickens

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Nob Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:04 am

I dunno about those with the trigger fingers...i really don't rate them as human beings, so i don't give it much thought. They really need to have a long hard look at themselves, its not like the opposition give us anything. But on the flip side, i love batting when Tone The Bone or Dan Noble are umpiring. I feel quite confident walking across the line, moo-ing towards cow corner knowing that the chances of me being given out LBW are as slim, as the chances of Gremmy passing up on the chicken nuggets at arvo tea! Dan gave Gommy not out a couple of years ago on a massive caught behind shout. The ball deflected toward second slip with a massive woody noise... Dan was unmoved. Newcomb were not happy! Genius.

Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:36 am

Ronnie 'The Wombat' Womersley didn't mind sending you on your way. Bonga threw up Paul 'The Mess' Shakespeare too when we were discussing this topic recently.
On the flip side, Damien Boyle refused to give me run out even though I was at least a metre short in a tight game v Joeys once. He was duly replaced.

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:05 am

i too was removed as central against joeys after not giving nath warren out lbw. probably would have hit middle 1/3 of the way up. in my defence i did have phil mccanns words ringing in my ears. well it was more of a threat as the openers went out to bat "and no fuc*en l.b's!"

ricey

Back to top Go down

Post  Peeps Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 pm

I have to totally agree with you warby, the big 'prancer' cut my innings short twice last season with what i would call ordinary decisions.

Peeps

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:14 am

Can't be too crytical of the guys that call it as they see it, but personally over the years I've done a heap of time out in the middle umpiring & as yet have never come across one batsman whom I believed was LBW. In fact I've never had too many guys run-out or caught behind either. Not that I'm a cheat , I just find it extremely difficult to fire out a team-mate. A couple of hairy ones that come to find were Matty Dawson & Bagga Edwards. Matty Dawson, first senior game in the 4ths one day was caught at a fairly deep square leg, feeling gutted for him I called Matt back & argued with the opposition that it come off his pad. Bagga was on 98 & went for a suicide 2nd run to bring up the ton. Needless to say he reached his century, funny thing was I ended up arguing with the opposition as they reckon he was out by 2 metres, I firmly argued back that it was only 2 feet.

Thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:03 am

Thommo that Bagga story is one of my favourites.
Pure gold.

And spot on Ricey, you knew you must be plum if Phil McCann raised the finger. Not a fan at all of giving out a team mate.

Sam Willet gave 4 decisions, 3 extremely dodgy, in one 8 over stint, take in to account he would have square legged 4 of those overs it was a harsh spell of umpiring.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum