East Belmont Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-game rituals

4 posters

Go down

Pre-game rituals Empty Pre-game rituals

Post  warbs Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:47 am

in another post brades made a reference to blokes such as birdman, and the like, smashing away 5 durries during the tea break, maybe not a ritual but it got me thinking.

post your pre-game ritual (keep it family friendly Laughing ) or a ritual that you've seen or heard of.

personally, i need to walk on to the ground right foot first, not sure why, its just a thing i do.

looking forward to hearing some weird and wonderful things lads.

warbs

Last edited by on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Pre-game rituals Empty Re: Pre-game rituals

Post  Brades Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:58 am

I don't know if its a ritual but Phil McCann an i would do rocks paper scissors to decide who faced first ball. we stopped after a game in the thirds when we rocked up about 10 minutes before the start of the game, rushed to finish our lunch and pad up then we had an incredible stand off with both of us continually matching each other with rocks paper scissors, the other team was ready to go and we were stuck with our stand off. Our Skipper at the time, Ross Scannell, gave us look like we were contemplating batting in the nude using table tennis bats. After this we decided that Josh should just take the first nut.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:36 am

Good one Brades. Ross sure did turn into captain grumpy when burdened with captaincy duties over the years.

Wouldn't call it a ritual, but driving to cricket in Lara on my L plates in Thommos pink holden station wagon in 1993 was an experience to remember. I narrowly avoided crashing into the Glyn St fish and chip shop, and nearly crashed in Latrobe terrace, after Thommo colourfully screamed at me to get in the middle lane. Thommo gave me a 1/10 and failed me. Spider gave me a 9/10 and gave me a pass. Hammer gave me a 9/10 and then suggested it was his turn to drive next week, to which Thommo responded with a barrage of foul language, and stated rather bluntly that no junior would ever get behind the wheel of his car ever again.

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:43 am

how you go that day jim?? haha wow wat an experience

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 am

It wasn't about how Jim performed that season Warby, it was more of a look & learn year. (look at me & learn). The worst bloke I ever had to taxi to the cricket was Frase, the dirty * stuffed his half eaten subway roll under the passengers seat. Two weeks later mate it was ripe. But back to the pre game rituals, I went through a stage when I couldn't fire unless I'd scoffed down a jar of muscles from the fish shop.

Thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:53 am

We lost that game. It was a fourths semi final and our best batman that year, Brad Collett, didn't turn up, and we went down by 30 runs. The 1s, 2s and 3s all won the flag that year with us watching on wondering what might have been.
Thommos right about a look and learn year. Captain Araldite Thommo and Nifty Neville Regan bowled 70%of the overs, Spider about 20% and me, Hammer and Adam McCann got the dregs. A truly disgraceful handling of young talent by Thommo.

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down