East Belmont Cricket Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your EBCC XI?

+6
waco
bonga
ricey
Brades
Admin
warbs
10 posters

Go down

Your EBCC XI? Empty Your EBCC XI?

Post  warbs Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:06 am

seeing as though EBCC is lucky enough to have a mountain of depth, talent and experience playing in all 7 teams this year i thought its a good oppurtunity to put forward a team that consisted of great players from all grades over my time at East. Now im sure there is going to be conjecture and critisim over my selections, however my time as a lion is short so far so my experience and knowledge of past legends is somewhat uneducated. So here is my favourite EBCC XI side, feel free to comment and put forward your own, warbs

1. A. Baars
2. J. Peoples
3. Joe. Fox
4. D. Fiolet
5. P. Caulfield
6. M. Hanley (WK)
7. J. Noble
8. M. Caulfield
9. P. Quick
10. T. McKay
11. J. Timberlake

12th man: D. Allan

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Your EBCC XI? Empty Re: Your EBCC XI?

Post  Admin Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:40 am

Interesting topic Warbs. Not exactly sure of the criteria, but a good side you've picked there. Would be a pleasure to have Drew run a drink out to me, or fetch my hat!!

This is the side I would pick if the criteria was the best I had played with.

P.Brennan
A.Baars
M.Dunn
M.Lineker
D.Allan
G.Foss
A.McMahon wk
P.Quick
S.Wilson
P.Caulfield
D.Wilson
A.Sheridan 12th man, (great athlete, awesome fielder)

Unlucky to miss out were Swede, Chop, I think Chop will end up being a better player than Andrew McMahon but Macca did play some great matchwinning innings including an awesome century in a semi final, Leigh Allan, Peter Smith, Nobby, Beau.

Admin
Admin

https://ebcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:57 am

good by you putting your skipper and chaiman of selectors in Warbs. Should keep you in the twos for at least another game.

I like the idea of making your own critera
my criterea will be people who have dominated in a grade they were clearly too good for.

The Bullies XI

1. Josh McCann (4ths+6ths)
2. Tony Hazelwood (4ths)
3. Nobby (4ths)
4 Jack (c) (3rds..namely the stint he had in the mid to late 90's....dominant)
5. Bruce Doherty (5ths)
6. Chris Totts (WK) (4ths+6ths)
7. Shaun Hooley (only one game but he went from VCA seconds to Super 7ths)
8. Adam Sheridan (5ths)
9. Paul Hawkey (4ths+3rds)
10. Scott Eddy (4ths+6ths)
11. Bretto Montgomery (4ths+6ths)

may require some shuffling of the order, however it would be a fairly competitve GCA 1st XI side when those guys were in there prime.

apologies to Fox, Povey, Bell the Hoskings, Greg Bliss, Higgins, Hermo, Kent Butcher... well there has been a few over the years lets be honest. I have probably favoured players i have played with, I'd be glad to hear of any others i've missed out on

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:12 pm

brades a quality team there for sure. and warbo u just keep coming up with interesting topics that cause comment. im well into ur ability here! im going to go with the best XI ive played with over a period of games. and thus there are present day superstars that miss out as i havent yet had the pleasure

1. Tony Hazelwood
2. Josh McCann
3. Michael Dunn
4. Damien Fiolet
5. Garry Foss
6. Justin Noble
7. Chris Totton (wk)
8. Peter Caulfield (c)
9. Matthew Caulfield
10. Peter Quick
11. Jim Timberlake
12th Simon Steen

very difficult to call and some unlucky people. im backing my openers to get off to a flier!

ricey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 am

What about a Pretty Boy XI. We've had plenty of pretty boys over the years. A team of players that sometimes place their appearance over their results, their kit bag more likely to be full of hair gel rather than sweaty socks and can be found lining up in front of the mirror instead of the bar after the game. Always impeccably dressed in the latest designer threads, these guys bring shame to real Aussie blokes every season.

1.Leigh Heazlewood
2.Matthew Spencer
3.Sam Scannell (c)
4.Mark Hanley
5.Shane Johnson
6.Ross Scannell
7.Stephen Heazlewood
8.Chae Biggins
9.Daniel Scott
10.Peter Griffiths
11.Tony Heazlewood
12th men, The Hooley family in their Miller Shirts.

And of course they need a team to play against, a team from the opposite end of the spectrum. A team of blokes who despise the use of hair gel, designer clothes and funky dance moves so much it makes them wanna spew. A team of men.

1.Brendan Thomas (c)
2.Stephen Eggleton
3.Aaron Mitchell
4.Nathan Alsop
5.Glenn Jerram
6.Peter Caulfield
7.Denis 'Duchamp' Caulfield
8.Michael Krig
9.Tony Meyer
10.Ron Womersley
11.Brian Coughlan
12th man. Mark Van Hees

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:42 am

i cant beleive you couldnt fit Michael Dunn in to the blokes team Ghost. He had the same (unfashionable ) haircut for the last 8 years of his career. no hairgel in sight was happy to sit around in his blue circle coveralls all night sucking on a durry slamming down VB like a real man..... altho now i think about it he had some stylin' threads in some of those old McMahon medal pics.

Also i bet all those blokes named in the pretty boy side would be chuffed that they made the grade, none more than Captain Sammy.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:49 am

Yeah he definitely came under consideration Brades, but his refusal to deny his old knitted mohawk jumper was terrible proved that he actually put some thought into his appearance. Although he would have regained his status based on the state of his yellow curled over toenails hanging over the side of his HangTen thongs.
He would certainly make the Second XI.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 am

you can't fit them all in i suppose,

i've got a left feild pretty boy for you. He doesnt fit the typical solarium brozed muscle head wannabes that are getting around in your current XI with there blonde tips and designer t-shirts however his hair was always spectacular even if he only had an hours sleep the night before a game and he always made sure he wore his best leather jacket to the game regardless of the weather.... none other than Dean 'Mango' Munyard. i was always impressed with him and his look, it was a sad day when he left the Den. Maybe he can captain the second XI against Mick.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:10 am

Good call again. Deano was always stylishly dressed, more often than not in the same clothes he had worn to the Sphynx the previous evening.

What about the guys who sit on the fence. Lets face it, it takes a committed, special kind of person to be a fully fledged memebr of either the Pretty Boy XI or the Mans Man XI. It takes years to build up a wardrobe of latest brand T-Shirts or shiny black trackies. But what about the guys who like to have a bit each way. Guys like the Noble and Totton sisters who get around in tracksuit pants and workboots when it suits them, but as soon as theres a function or something on, they get all dressed up, do their hair and put on some aftershave. Quite often their shirt still has the creases in it from the packet they bought it in at Harris Scarfe. Pathetic.
Then again, there's probably many of us that fall into this category, so I shouldn't speak.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bonga Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:47 pm

I take it as a great honour to be named in the blokes team. thought warby might have looked after me in the other team seeing i never dropped a catch of his bowling but then again most East 4ths crickets could also claim that one

bonga

Back to top Go down

Post  waco Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Of the blokes I played with:

1. Grant Ward
2. Tony Heazlewood
3. Tony Wakefield (C)
4. Justin Noble
5. Stephen Eggleton (WK)
6. Corey Povey
7. Matt Caulfield
8. Jamie Cooper
9. Troy McKay
10. Rob Crockart
11. Brett Montgomery

I reckon that'd be a pretty good side.

waco

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:12 pm

hmcd wouldnt be too far awy from a gig in the pretty boy XI. although the boys in that team have done the hard yards for some years now. frank would spend 20mins making sure the zinc on his face was perfect for the channel 9 cameras

ricey

Back to top Go down

Post  Brades Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:23 am

Tim Warburton would have to make the pretty boy squad surely. He uses all matching pads, bat thigh guard, gloves and and even sneakers, pink jocks, 2 diamond earings..... oh wait maybe he is in the Effeminate XI, its a blurry line between the 2 sides.

nah just kidding Tim you're alright...

p.s. Just saw Hermo named in the 6ths this week, that could get him eleveted in to my Bullies XI. i'm scared for the opposition.

Brades

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:53 am

Right on the money there Ricey, bet he gives the mirror more than a fleeting glance in the mornings. Though hardly a fashion guru myself Jim, I'd like to think Paul Hart deserves the honour of leading the scruffs XI. This guy was Tony's nightmare cricketer, when he bothered to wear socks they had to be black. Always the coloured t-shirt under his cricket top, always fielded in a cap but never an EBCC one.

Thommo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nob Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:48 am

EBCC Drinkers XI
1. Dunny ('nuff said)
2. Snake (Initiated Tuesday night on the tiles for the hardcore boys)
3. Paul 'Chubbs' Gartland (circa 1995)
4. Fize (18 Melbourne cans and then a mid strength cos he has to drive)
5. Bonga (c)
6. Punch (For his contribution to all things Smirnoff Black)
7. Thommo (10 pots in 25 minutes every Thursday)
8. Crow (for his 1am club hi-jinks... i don't think it was apple juice)
9. Rob Connoley (Bundy cans only)
10. Mark Allan Barnfield... 'Barney' was built like a keg and could probable drink one in a single sitting
11. Frase (Cougar only)
12 Baarsy/Mitchy for drinking Southern Comfort...Boo!
Footnote: Happy Jack Caulfield is making a late bid. He's become a late night regular, not a bad effort considering he's about 50 years old

Thanks for letting me contribute to your wonderful forum... Peace out.

Nob

Back to top Go down

Your EBCC XI? Empty Left handed eleven

Post  dewy Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 am

what about a left handed team boys?

it would have to go something like this:

Peter Korth
Beau Carroll
Paul Brennan
Drew Allan
Peter Caulfield
Matt Linekar
Shaun Hooley
Grant Stephens
Peter Quick
Tim Warburton
Big Jim Timberlake

dewy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:48 am

So thats what's wrong with Warbys batting. He's standing on the wrong side of the bat. He's batted right handed all these years and no ones told him he's a left hander. Surely that's your job as coach Dewy.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peeps Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 am

Maybe you could squeeze him in to the right handers XI Dewy. Good team though mate.

Peeps

Back to top Go down

Post  ricey Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:32 pm

both hands XI

1. Charles Rees
2. Tim warburton

and all these years shovel head thought he was on his own

ricey

Back to top Go down

Post  warbs Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:15 pm

according to jack, Mark Van Hees bats left handed, maybe he could take my spot, as dewy is obviously is beside himself with Kevin 07 and has just lost all direction

warbs

http://www.myspace.com/warbs_1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down